Pete has been practicing law since 1986.
Pete’s professional experience includes acting as lead counsel in Administrative, State and Federal court matters; water rights adjudications in the Mimbres and Gila rivers; NMED RCRA permits and permit modification involving WIPP and Triassic Park; NMED groundwater discharge, solid waste and other permis; numerous State and Federal compliance orders and enforcement actions; CWA, ESA, NEPA and CERLA litigation; numerous Federal and State court complex litigation cases; land grant and real property litigation; and advising clients on water rights and environmental and natural resource project development strategies.
Pete has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for fifteen years running and has been listed in Super Lawyers Magazine in the 2013 Southwest Super Lawyers for Top 25 Lawyers in New Mexico.
Presenter: NM State Bar Annual Meeting 2001
- Best Lawyers in America (Environmental Law) 1998 – present
- Super Lawyers (Environmental Law) 2007- present
Professional licenses include:
- NM Bar Admission 1986
- Federal District Court of NM 1986
- Tenth Circuit US Court of Appeals 1986
- D.C. Circuit US Court of Appeals 1990
- U.S. Court of Claims 1997
- Ninth Circuit US Court of Appeals 2007
Pete’s affiliations and memberships include:
- Natural Resource and Environmental Law Section of N.M. Bar Association
- Board Member – WERC, a Consortium for Environmental Education and Technology Development
- Presenter for N.M. Rural Water User Association; State of N.M. Bar; 2001
- “Environmental Law Update” (2003 “Water Rights Strategy”)